We have passed the veto deadline for the 2019 legislative session and there are some new laws that employers need to know about. One of the new laws adds a new protected category for purposes of Hawaii’s employment discrimination law, while some other laws will have an impact how employers conduct business.
Some of these new laws include:
- Act 67 – New Fines Against Employers re: Child Support Enforcement Orders
- Act 148 – Gender X Designations of Driver’s Licenses and State ID Cards
- Act 178 – Employment Discrimination and Reproductive Health Decisions
- Act 201 – Chaperones and Recording Devices for WC Examinations
- Act 273 – Decriminalization of Marijuana
In addition, the Hawaii Employers Council has published its final reports for the 2019 legislative session. They can be viewed here: