Last week, I conducted a webinar at HEC to share my thoughts on what type of legislation employers can expect for the 2015 legislative session. The webinar lasted about 90 minutes and we discussed over 20 areas of the law that could be addressed this year. Several of the potential bills we discussed included those covering the following issues and areas of law:
- Hawaii Family Leave Law
- Sick Leave
- Meal Breaks
- Workers’ Compensation and IMEs
- Workers’ Compensation and Voc Rehab
- Abusive Workplaces
- Successor Employers
- Insurance Coverage for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Health Care Connector
- State Innovation Waiver Task Force
- Workplace Security
- Temporary Restraining Orders
- Defenses to Workplace Harassment Claims
In addition, we also briefly discussed our new Governor David Ige and new Director of Labor and Industrial Relations Elizabeth Kim, and how their involvement in the legislative process could impact employment-related bills this year.
For those of you out there who will be tracking the same legislation: see you at the Capitol next week!